Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 2

My second day and first day in the apartment!

I thought I would be able to have dishes and other basic living utensils, but alas I am out.  At least today I figured out the answer to the question of whether or not we can flush toilet paper.  Let's just say it's similar to if it's yellow, if it's brown, flush it down....but no white.  I should probably change those garbages every day.  And double bag them.  And get the garbage bags with odor-resistant technology.  Apparently all I need to do with garbage is take it out and put it on the side of the street, too.  A garbage man will come and pick it up at some point.  Kind of interesting.  But it doesn't cost anything!

I have no sheets or pillows tonight, but it's all about perspective.  There are so many people that go to bed every night without sheets and pillows, but they also don't have beds.  Or even a soft place to lay their head.  I think the appreciation for what I have here is going to be what helps me go to sleep tonight.

I am working on getting internet in my apartment, but I am not sure if it will be possible.  Right now as we speak I have my computer sitting outside a third story window.  Who knew these bars over all the windows would also double as a desk?  It literally is the only place in my entire house where I can get internet service, and even then I am stealing it from someone.  But the issue with internet is I need to enter into a contract.  The shortest contracts here are 12 months, and I am only here for four.  The maternity leave of absence length of time is proving to be a challenge in terms of knowing what to buy and what I may be able to go without for a few months.

I'm going to bed.  Have to be up bright and early tomorrow!  I hope all is well for everyone.

No comments: